In a move designed to increase recycling of thermoform clamshell containers, and move the food industry to a more sustainable packaging solution, the Retail Council of Canada recently announced that beginning in January 2012, all food clamshell containers supplied to its members must be manufactured from a single material: PET
To facilitate recycling of PET clamshells, leading grocery chain members expressed their need for pressure-sensitive labels that are compatible with existing PET bottle recycling operations. Retailers collaborated with the Association of Postconsumer Plastic Recyclers (APR) and the National Association for PET Containers Resources (NAPCOR) to develop a test protocol that evaluated clamshell labelling systems and uses seven different parameters for verifying satisfactory removal of pressure sensitive labels from clamshells.
For further information on APR visit: https://www.plasticsrecycling.org/
Profecta Labels Inc.
In response to market demand, several pressure sensitive stock suppliers have recently been approved by the APR. These stocks are now available for food and beverage labelling applications.
Call us today at 1-888-776-3539 or visit our website https://www.profecta.com
To find out more about the approved stocks go to our links section to visit the UPM Raflatac and Fasson websites.
- UPM Raflatac 54# Raflacoat RP 45 40# white kraft (2.5mil)
- Avery Dennison 54# Semi-Gloss paper with AT-1 adhesive
- Avery Dennison 2.0 Mil Clear Bopp film with S2001 adhesive
- Avery Dennison 2.6 mil White Bopp film with S490 adhesive
- Avery Dennison TTC Thermal transfer with S490 adhesive
- Label Supply 3 mil Bopp film with acrylic water borne adhesive FMTF6