EQUIPMENT & TECHNOLOGY
Ideal for higher volume jobs, flexography is more versatile because of its ability to print on almost any type of self-adhesive or non-adhesive substrate. Flexography is referred to as a direct printing method because the printing plate transfers the image directly to the substrate.
Flexography is the world’s most common printing process for printing self-adhesive labels. A wide variety of products are printed in flexography, from double-sided self-adhesive labels, multi-level coupons, magic coupons, promotional banners to pharmaceutical labels.
We have 8 flexographic presses.
Key points :
- Possibility of printing up to 10 colours,
- UV or water-based ink,
- Gloss varnish, matt varnish, combo varnish, relief varnish,
- The finish can also be laminated with a clear glossy or matte film.
- Maximum size up to 12.875” wide by 25.5” long
- Print quality up to 150 LPI
- Maximum substrate thickness: 12* – 350 microns (0.47*-13.8 mils)
Flexography is a printing process that :
- Requires your visual to go through our computer prepress department to perform colour separation and other prepress steps (distortion and overlap for colour registration, plate exposure, etc.).
- Requires the use of a printing plate that will be mounted on a cylinder and then installed on the press. The inking system will deposit the ink on the plate, which will transfer the image directly to the substrate.
- Requires approximately 100 linear feet of substrate for set-up and 10 to 30 minutes per color.
HP INDIGO DIGITAL PRESS
Our HP Indigo digital presses offer a fast and competitive advantage for short-run and/or unconventional jobs that would be far too expensive or even impossible to achieve in flexography. Digital printing allows you to offer your customers highly targeted flexible labels or packaging that deliver a precise message, to a precise customer base, at the right time. Perfect for products with multiple versions, events, labels with unique identification (e.g. serial numbers), and market trials.
We have 2 digital presses.
- Perfect for smaller prints
- Unique project
- Excellent halftone image printing and perfect colour overlap register
- Exceptional print quality on a wide variety of self-adhesive and non-adhesive substrates
- Image quality: 812 dpi at 8 bit and 2438 x 2438 dpi in high definition – line per inch: 175, 180, 196, 210 lpi
- Colours: CMYK or IndiChrome (6 colours) + white
- Possibility of proof identical to the work requested and on the selected material
- Maximum image format: 12.59″ x 35.58″ (319 mm x 979 mm)
- The finish can be laminated with a clear gloss or matt film, UV or water-based varnish, gloss, matt, or both combined.
Digital printing is a process that :
- Is completely computer controlled. Ink density and halftone images are automatically calibrated, ensuring that print quality is the same from start to finish.
- Requires little intervention by our prepress department.
- Has a quick set-up that requires little equipment.
CHALLENGE US !
Need ideas or advice for your project? Give us a challenge. It will be our pleasure to demonstrate our know-how to you.
Let's keep in touch!
Subscribe to our quarterly newsletter to stay informed of what’s happening in the industry and to have the chance to benefit from exclusive promotions.