Equipment & Technology
Flexographic label printing is ideal for larger runs of custom printed labels. This printing method can be used on a wide variety of materials and also accommodates a diverse range of products.
Narrow web flexographic printing is the most widely used label printing process worldwide for the production of self adhesive labels. It uses analog technology to place graphical images on a substrate.
- With this process it is common to see an image produced with 5 to 10 colors.
- Requires nearly 100`’ of linear make-ready substrate waste and 10 to 30 minutes of time per color.
- Requires the pre-press process of distortion and mechanical color to color trapping
- Requires a physical printing plate to be made and mounted onto a cylinder prior to print.
- This inked plate applies the image directly to the substrate.
- Image quality: 150 dpi
- Image size maximum width: 12 7/8 x 22 max
- Substrate thickness: 12* – 350 micron (0.47*-13.8 mils)
HP Indigo Digital Press
A digital press isn’t just new technology for printing the same products; it’s the key to a competitive advantage for you and your customers thanks to applications that would be expensive or impossible with a flexographic press.
Digital allows for highly targeted packaging that can help your customers deliver precisely the right message to the right customers at the right time.
Labelling applications include; versioned products, event marketing, private labels, regional and seasonal packaging, multiple SKU’s and prototypes for test markets.
- Delivers perfect registration and does not require mechanical color to color trapping or distortion.
- Entire print process id controlled by computer, calbrating ink density and half tone images to ensure the first print is the same as the last.
- Proofs can be provided on actual substrate.
- Exceptional print quality on virtually limitless substrates with or without adhesive.
- Image resolution : 812 dpi at 8 bit, 2438 x 2438 dpi HDI ( High Definition Imaging)
- Line screens : 175, 180, 196, 210 dpi
- Image format : 12.59’’ X 38.58’’ in maximum ( 319mm X 979mm)
- Substrate thickness : 0.5 to 18 pt.
- Color : CMYK or IndiChrome (6 colors) + white
Guidance - Conception - Print - Finishing - Guarantee