Equipment & Technology
Flexographic label printing is ideal for larger runs of custom printed labels. This printing method can be used on a wide variety of materials and also accommodates a diverse range of products.
Narrow web flexographic printing is the most widely used label printing process worldwide for the production of self-adhesive labels. It uses analogue technology to place graphical images on a substrate.
- With this process it is common to see an image produced with 5 to 10 colours.
- Requires nearly 100`’ of linear make-ready substrate waste and 10 to 30 minutes of time per colour.
- Requires the pre-press process of distortion and mechanical colour to colour trapping
- Requires a physical printing plate to be made and mounted onto a cylinder prior to print.
- This inked plate applies the image directly to the substrate.
- Image quality: 150 dpi
- Image size maximum width: 12 7/8 x 22 max
- Substrate thickness: 12* – 350 microns (0.47*-13.8 mils)
HP Indigo Digital Press
A digital press isn’t just new technology for printing the same products; it’s the key to a competitive advantage for you and your customers thanks to applications that would be expensive or impossible with a flexographic press.
Digital allows for highly targeted packaging that can help your customers deliver precisely the right message to the right customers at the right time.
Labelling applications include; versioned products, event marketing, private labels, regional and seasonal packaging, multiple SKU’s and prototypes for test markets.
- Delivers perfect registration and does not require mechanical colour to colour trapping or distortion.
- The entire print process ID controlled by computers, calibrating ink density and halftone images to ensure the first print is the same as the last.
- Proofs can be provided on the actual substrate.
- Exceptional print quality on virtually limitless substrates with or without the adhesive.
- Image resolution : 812 dpi at 8 bit, 2438 x 2438 dpi HDI (High Definition Imaging)
- Line screens : 175, 180, 196, 210 dpi
- Image format : 12.59’’ X 38.58’’ in maximum (319mm X 979mm)
- Substrate thickness : 0.5 to 18 pt.
- Colour : CMYK or IndiChrome (6 colours) + white
Guidance - Conception - Print - Finishing - Guarantee